Scenario: You are not able to save or apply VPN configuration changes on the Fortigate firewall. Troubleshooting steps:
- Check that the correct permissions have been set for the user attempting to make the configuration changes by running the command “diagnose sys user list”
- Make sure that the configuration changes are being made to the correct VDOM (virtual domain) by running the command “diagnose sys vd list”
- Verify that the configuration file is valid by running the command “diagnose sys config-file-check”
- check the config history and try to rollback the config if possible by running the command “diagnose sys config-history list”
- If the problem persists, try resetting the Fortigate firewall by running the command “execute reboot”
Multiple Choice Question to check your knowledge.
Q1. What command can be used to check that the correct permissions have been set for the user attempting to make the configuration changes?
a) diagnose sys user list
b) diagnose sys vd list
c) diagnose vpn ike config
d) diagnose sys top
Q2. Which command can be used to reset the Fortigate firewall?
a) diagnose sys config-file-check
b) execute reboot
c) diagnose vpn session list
d) diagnose firewall policy list
5 Troubleshooting Scenarios and their solution on Fortigate VPN. - Tekguru4u · January 10, 2023 at 7:37 pm
[…] to Troubleshooting Fortigate VPN Performance Issues. How to Troubleshooting Fortigate VPN Configuration Issues: A Step-by-Step Guide” How to Troubleshooting Fortigate VPN Routing Issues: A Step-by-Step […]
Comments are closed.