Cyber security is important as it protects data from theft and damage, prevents criminal use of networks, devices and data, safeguards against the shift to cloud services and defends individuals from misinformation spread by attackers.
- Antivirus software: Antivirus software is designed to detect, prevent, and remove malware infections on individual devices.
- Firewalls: Firewalls are security systems that monitor and control incoming and outgoing network traffic based on predetermined security rules. They can help to prevent unauthorized access to a network.
- Encryption: Encryption is the process of converting plain text data into a coded form that can only be accessed by someone with the decryption key. It helps to protect data from being accessed by unauthorized parties.
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA): 2FA is a security process in which a user provides two different authentication factors to verify their identity. This can include something the user knows (e.g., a password), something the user has (e.g., a security token), and something the user is (e.g., a fingerprint).
- Security Awareness Training: Security awareness training helps users understand security threats and how to identify and prevent them. It is an important aspect of a comprehensive cybersecurity strategy.
- Network Segmentation: Network segmentation involves dividing a network into smaller, isolated segments to limit the spread of potential threats.