There are many different solutions that can be used as part of network security, and the specific solutions that you need will depend on the size and complexity of your network, as well as your specific security requirements. Some common solutions that are often used as part of network security include:
- Firewalls: These are used to block unauthorized access to your network and to control the flow of traffic between your network and the internet.
- Virtual private networks (VPNs): These are used to create secure, encrypted connections between devices and your network, allowing users to access network resources remotely and securely.
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDPS): These are used to monitor your network for malicious activity and to block or alert you when suspicious activity is detected.
- Antivirus software: This is used to detect and block malware that can compromise the security of your network.
- Security information and event management (SIEM) software: This is used to collect and analyze security-related data from multiple sources in order to identify security threats and to provide alerts when suspicious activity is detected.
- Network access control (NAC): This is used to control which devices are allowed to access your network and to enforce security policies on those devices.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA): This is a security measure that requires users to provide an additional form of authentication in order to access network resources, such as a one-time code sent to a phone or an authentication app.
- Encryption: This is used to protect the confidentiality of data transmitted over your network by encoding it so that it can only be accessed by authorized parties.